[thechat] READ AT YOUR OWN RISK: Open Letter to America from a Canadian

Tara Cleveland tara at taracleveland.com
Thu Aug 22 00:18:00 CDT 2002

> As for how we treat each other, slavery existed in Africa long before any
> European knew there was a western hemisphere.  (The pyramids didn't build
> themselves, and Egyptians didn't run a union shop in those days.)
> Meanwhile, Mayans made great wars on each other.  So perhaps it doesn't
> depend on what you call history.

Actually, there is lots of evidence that ancient Egyptians actually got
*paid* for their work building the pyramids. IOW they weren't slaves. That's
part of what is so amazing about it. That the ancient Egyptians had the
organization necessary to build the pyramids at all is astounding, but also
having to record (and they did keep records - that's how they know that
people got paid) all of the payments for each worker and organize all of the
paperwork (or tabletwork or papyruswork) is mind boggling!

Regards,
Tara
(who spent her honeymoon traipsing around Egyptian pyramids and temples -
see pics here:
http://www.taracleveland.com/personal/photos/honeymoonpics/index.htm
)