[thechat] Invade Iraq?

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Thu Aug 22 14:34:00 CDT 2002

Martin wrote:

>, some very close people to him
>*are* saying what a bad idea it is (like Bush I's Nat Security Advisor).

thank goddess.

>Sounds like a message by proxy to me...

I don't read newspapers anymore (too depressing) but I did see an
Oregonian headline saying Bush, interviewed at his Texas ranch, says
he's in no hurry to invade Iraq.  (now).

Now he says... "I'm thinking about it."   Way to save face.  I hope.

>  > if enough people start telling Dubya/Ashcroft/Rumsfeld
>>  that this is a bad idea and we don't support their actions, then maybe
>>  -- just maybe -- things will change.
>
>Sounds awfully familiar to me. Do you plan to have a demonstration
>circling the Pentagon and placing flowers in the barrels of the rifles
>facing you by any chance?

you can't deny that was an excellent photo op.  And remember: the
Pentagon did levitate.  Or so some say.  Others try to deny.

What I think is funny is Abbie Hoffman negotiated with the Pentagon's
General Services Administrator "to be permitted to levitate the
Pentagon only 3 meters instead of the planned 90 meters."

When I was 14 I read all the Abbie Hoffman writings I could find...
I was fascinated by all his collection of "ways to live for free"
which included spoofing change machines and pay phones...

he was not just an activist, he was a founding phreak!
http://www.phrack.com/phrack/52/P52-09

Erika