3 chord songs was Re: [thechat] READ AT YOUR OWN RISK: Open Letter to America from a Canadian

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri Aug 23 09:02:00 CDT 2002

Erika Meyer wrote:
> > The chords?  You mean, all three of them? :)
>
> The Ramones use a lot of "D, G, A"  constructions.  Examples: "I
> Wanna Be Well" and "I Want You Around" -- sometimes they'll throw in
> an E or a B on the bridge...
>
> But they do use more than 3 chords. "I Wanna Be Sedated" even moves
> into a different key.

That's just sacrilege.  Further evils perpetrated by "I Wanna Be Sedated"
are Tom Arnold, David Paymer and a bunch of 1996 kids (including Rachael
Leigh Cook) singing along to it in a people carrier in "Carpool" ... eeshk

> [snip]
> I *heart* three chord songs.

:)

> Two chord songs can be good, too.
> "Oh Bondage, Up Yours!"  all C's and D's and D's and C's.
>
> and a sax solo in the middle...

what a great sax solo it is too ...

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'