[thechat] hot new pix!!!

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Aug 23 11:00:01 CDT 2002

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Erika Meyer wrote:

> John Handelaar wrote:
>
> My daughter is photogenic; I am not.  I hate most photos of myself.
> Until now, the only recent picture I liked was the one Martin took
> last year at SXSW. (dang, can't find it now...)

This one?
http://members.evolt.org/martin/photos/evoltcon2/005_36.jpg

> The secret is you take the digital camera, hold it at arms length,
> shoot a self portrait...

A bit like this one:
http://homepage.mac.com/martin_/.Pictures/colonsay/DSC01475.jpg
(nb that URL's only going to work until the end of Sept (or when I work
out what I'm going to do instead of paying Apple for .Mac))

>and delete 9 out of 10 pix until you find
> the ones you like.  No one ever has to see the others.  zap!  gone
> forever.

Yeah, digicams are ace for selectivity. But that's the way I think *all*
photographers work - you only show the ones you're proud of.

btw *my* fave pic of John is this one:
http://m453.com/gallery/beervolt0802/aat

Cheers
Martin