[thechat] Photography help

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Aug 23 11:37:01 CDT 2002

At 09:58 PM 23-08-02, javier velasco wrote:
>I bet those Martha Stewart pics are using preofessional Illumination,
>the beans must have been boiled with some special additive to make them
>look so green (bicarbonate does this trick)...

Blanching them for about 10 seconds in boiling water also does that. My
stir-fries always turn out bright and colourful. The trick is to know when
to stop cooking. See the broccoli in the blog link I sent last time.

>and those water drops
>have probalby been carefully placed, and the shot was taken with a macro
>lens and a wide aperture to achieve a shallow depth of field - lots of
>production!

English, Javi, English! :p

Did I mention I know squat about photography? ;)
I want to be able to shoot photos like that gorgeous moonlight pic you sent
me yesterday. That was stunning. (I was going to send you a private mail
about that, but this fits my lazy arse.)

Thanks anyway.

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant