[thechat] Restaurants ban 'Big Eater'

Frey kristenannfrey at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 27 10:18:01 CDT 2002

Madhu Menon wrote:
> http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_657480.html?menu=news.latestheadlines
>
> Oh, those American law suits are making an impact in remote corners of
> India too...

Some years ago, in an effort to become healthier (and thinner), I decided to
stop eating at "all you can eat buffets".  It occurred to me that every time
I went to one, I would totally over eat in an attempt to beat the system.

This guy is only pigging out on rice and lentils... now in the US, those are
inexpensive foods.  You should see how people gorge themselves here in
Buffalo when the Chinese buffet restaurants offer "all you can eat crab
legs".

When I was in high school, some friends of mine worked at Ponderosa (a
crappy steak place with a buffet).  They actually had to argue with
customers that would fill plate after plate, filling their tables with
uneaten food and then ask for a "doggie bag".

Kristy
(FORMER buffet customer)