[thechat] Love Thread: Beer!

Bob Davis bob at bobdavis.org
Thu Aug 29 15:17:00 CDT 2002

At 8:52 PM +0100 8/29/02, Martin Burns wrote:
>On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Ken Kogler wrote:
>
>>  > Bud's will already have been put against the
>>  > wall when the revolution comes on the grounds
>>  > of basic taste.
>>
>>  > King of beers, my arse.
>>
>>  So what's good beer then?
>
>I'm sure we've had this discussion before, but never mind.
>http://www.caledonian-brewery.co.uk/home/index.htm
>Specifically:
>http://www.deuchars.com/
>http://www.caledonian80.com/
>http://www.caledonian-brewery.co.uk/goldenpromise/goldenpromise.html

These get a big ol' +1 from me (or, continuing on the tla thread - YT).

Very nice beers from Scotland.

>The brewery's just around the corner...
>>
>>  Guinness is always good,
>
>yes, but variable from "OK" to "Fantastic" with a number of factors going
>into it.

No kidding! I've had some that was merely drinkable, and some that
was heavenly.

If you can get Canadian beers, look for beer from Unibroue

	http://www.unibroue.com/english.cfm

Nice Belgian style beers from Quebec.

bob

--