[thechat] FarScape

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon Sep 9 12:00:01 CDT 2002

Ben Dyer wrote:
> [sci-fi channel snippage]
> That and since Stargate SG-1 is only going to last one season with
> them and since they stopped broadcasting anime years ago, there's no
> reason for me to watch them anymore.
>
> *sigh*

And yet bizarrely *our* sci-fi channel still routinely runs anime (i have
neon genesis evangelion as a season pass on the tivo, and it occasionally
picks up other wee OVA gems via auto-recorded recommendations).  I dunno how
the loss of farscape will impact the uk sci-fi channel, as we're still only
first-running season three (IIRC) but it's kinda the flagship show, getting
a prime-time slot on sunday night.

Oh and they show Fantasy Island in the morning.  "Look boss, eet'sa plane
boss, eet'sa plane boss!"

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'