[thechat] scaled bldg

Joe Crawford joe at artlung.com
Tue Sep 10 11:37:00 CDT 2002

Tara Cleveland wrote:
> Joe Crawford wrote:
>>Web Designer            Greenpeace scaled building;
>
> ??? That sounds like there is a story behind it. Why did that make you leave
> the job?
>
>>Idiot Boss

That's this:
http://archive.greenpeace.org/pressreleases/climate/1997oct15.html

I was taking the bus to work at the time, and they had to let us off a
few blocks away because of all the fire and police folks crowding around
the offices where I was working, for a giant oil company. It was pretty
wacky.

I didn't leave out of some moral protest mind you, the thing that made
me actually leave was I was a contractor, and my term was up, and my
Idiot Boss did not re-up me. Ho hum. I think I was having "selective
memory" there. Bad Joe!

Best thing for me though, my next job kicked ass.

Valuable learning experience.

>>Web Developer           Company hopeless; burned through VC cash
>>Web Developer           No process
>

> Yes. All of those things at one job.

I had two of those. :-) Crazy dot coms!

	joe