[thechat] King Preaches Abstinence to Parading Maidens

Andy Warwick mailing.lists at creed.co.uk
Thu Sep 12 17:26:00 CDT 2002

On 2002/09/12 09:07 pm, "Kevin Stevens" <kjs at ratking.co.uk> wrote:

>> The Supremes, who have had to define porn in order to deal with laws
>> against it, say that porn is sexually prurient material. Pruritis is a
>> medical term for "itching".  In other words, if it is sexually
>> stimulating material, it's porn, and if there is non-stimulating
>> nudity, it's not.
>
> An ex of mine who went to art college once told me that if the nude subject
> was looking at the camera, it's porn. If they weren't, it's art.

As the late, great comedian Bill Hicks once said...

"American law defines pornography as images with no artistic merit designed
to encourage sexual thought; sounds like every advert on TV to me."

You can imagine what he believed the Coke corporation *really* want their
adverts to look like...

Andy W