[thechat] King Preaches Abstinence to Parading Maidens

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Fri Sep 13 07:24:01 CDT 2002

From: "Paul Cowan" <evolt at funkwit.com>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: September 13, 2002, Friday 12:23 PM
Subject: Re: [thechat] King Preaches Abstinence to Parading Maidens

> Always reminds me of an episode of Media Watch (Australian TV show 'keeping
> an eye on the media') from a few years ago, where Australian _60 Minutes_
> reporter Richard Carleton did a sensationalist piece about women in the
> Middle East, and to make sure that everyone knew what he was talking about,
> he appeared on-screen in a burqa.

If you talk about Middle East, then I have been in UAE and Saudi Arabia. In
Saudi Arabia there is oppressive law for women to wear burqa. But in UAE there
is no such law. Women are completely free there. The only obligation for women
in UAE is to wear something only to hide their genitals and breasts. Despite of
that, there are some places in Abu Dhabi where you can see completely nude women
enjoying sunbath publicly. Some people felt offended seeing them all nude,
therefore, a boundary wall was built around places where women could enjoy nude
sunbath.

It's all my and of some of my relatives' personal experience, therefore, don't
ask me for ISBN's.

It's been a long time when I visited UAE. However, I believe, in that country
women are more free in the choice of dress than ever.

Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/