[thechat] King Preaches Abstinence to Parading Maidens

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Fri Sep 13 07:47:01 CDT 2002

From: "Chris Marsh" <chris at webbtech.co.uk>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: September 13, 2002, Friday 5:32 PM
Subject: RE: [thechat] King Preaches Abstinence to Parading Maidens

> > In our language it is called a *white lie*.
>
> If John tells you that he does not care what race you are, then you must
> accept this unless you have evidence to the contrary. An ad hominem
> attack on John's honesty holds no value in this context. In fact, you
> imply here that you consider that "white"[1] people lie in a different
> manner to "non-white" people. This shows that you discriminate between
> people of different races, which surely contradicts your expressed views
> on racism.

In our language "soofaid jhoot" can be translted into English as "white lie". It
is NOT a racial attack. In Urdu "white lie" means a lie which has no support and
the reality can easily be caught. In this phrase "white" refers to light in
which every thing is clear. "White" does NOT mean a white from UK. We call these
people "farangy" or "angraize" which mean "Englishman".

Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/