[thechat] King Preaches Abstinence to Parading Maidens

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sat Sep 14 05:02:01 CDT 2002

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Erika Meyer wrote:

> on Mardi Gras:  I am of the opinion that it is sexual repression and
> conservatism that fosters behavior like you see at Mardi Gras...

Well yes and no - in the US context, I'm sure you're right, but that's
surely not the case for the Rio version...

> and porn and other deviant sexual behavior.

Sorry, Erika, I'm not convinced that porn is axiomatically a deviant
sexual behaviour (although some use of some porn certainly is). I'm sure
John's already chimed in with this, but sites like:
http://www.cliterati.co.uk/
(In case it's not self-evident: Warning! Non-work safe!)
show that that's just not the case.

> If all women were parading around bare-breasted,

There's a book on breast-feeding called "So *that's* what they're for"

Cheers
Martin