[thechat] King Preaches Abstinence to Parading Maidens

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sat Sep 14 05:32:00 CDT 2002

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Ron White wrote:

> <>
> 70% of those polled felt that the monarchy was "out of touch with ordinary
> people", so when your countries youth feels disenfranchised by their
> regents, how can they possibly be infected by their method and/or manner of
> rule?
> <>
>
> Uh, besides which the king/queen of England/UK has ABSOLUTELY no power
> regarding the government.

Makes you wonder why we're paying all that money for them, eh?

> While they are considered the head of state, they
> can't issue decrees like in the old days... The UK is a parliamentary form
> of government, the Prime Minister has the power and is answerable to the
> people...

hahaha!(sorry)

Answers to short-term headlines in the popular media, more like, and then
buys votes with the voters' own money in the run up to the election (which
he can call at any time that suits him) - the term usually used is the
'election war chest'.

Cheers
Martin