[thechat] a wee clarification

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Sat Sep 14 10:48:01 CDT 2002

>Erika wrote something about Islam and in reply I tried to remove a
>misunderstanding about Islam.

I made a comment about "fundamentalist Islam."  Syed responded to
distinguish fundamentalist Islam from other type/s.

Which I knew already, but okay.

There are plenty of Muslim people all over the world, and I've had
Muslim friends from Jordan and Iran.  I know that fundamentalist
Islam does not represent the majority any more than fundamentalist
Christianity does.

Still, it exists, and is important to some groups of people.

>I had no idea that John would reply and the reply would be such an
>offensive. Others also disagree and challenge my opinions but none
>of them uses such offensive language like John does. I must expect
>flames from Madhu on racial bases because he is an
>Indian and I am a Pakistani.

I think John is a decent guy, but he has a caustic way of putting
things.  Syed, you are very direct with your opinions, but you too
are a good person.  Both of you are intelligent and strong in your
views.

I think this has little if anything to do with race/nationality, on
either side.
I think you both could benefit from a chill pill.

love to all,

Erika

erika at seastorm.com