[thechat] King Preaches Abstinence to Parading Maidens

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Sun Sep 15 06:19:00 CDT 2002

From: "Eike Pierstorff"
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: September 14, 2002, Saturday 7:04 PM
Subject: AW: [thechat] King Preaches Abstinence to Parading Maidens

> So you say. I guess I could introduce you to some Muslims who would be
> likely to kill you for being progressive (and I`m not talking about some Al
> Queada Person who perhaps doesn't even exist;

I already know that such oppressive Muslims can be found in any area of the
world but still they are in minority.

> I`m talking about some Muslims
> who threatend to kill my brother after he commited the crime of marrying
> their sister).

For such situation, there is a clear Islamic law for Muslims. Any Muslim woman
cannot marry any non-Muslim in any circumstances. For this purpose the male must
become a Muslim. If your brother was not Muslim and their sister was a Muslim
then this marriage was not allowed by Islam. Still, Muslims had NO right to
threat or kill your brother. They were responsible for the woman only. Muslims
must had convinced the woman to obey Islamic law by talking and negotiating with
her. If she was not convinced then she alone would be responsible. Muslims could
have convinced your brother also by talking and tell him about Islamic laws.
Threatening to kill is no way of solving any problem because it is aggression
which is strictly prohibited in Islam.

> Also it is hard to say where oppression starts.

General perception in Muslim world is that the attacks of Sep-11 have created a
strong racial discriminated oppression for Muslims in Europe and USA.

> You would probably say that this is not the "real Islam" - and they, in
> turn, would call you heretic. That I like your opinions on Islam somewhat
> better gives me no clue who is right and who isn't.

Let me tell you a stunning fact.
"Syed" is my family name. All Syeds are the descendants of the Prophet
Muhammad's
Daughter, Fatima. I am also one of them.
In late 1970's, in Pakistan an extremist grouped "Sipah Sahabah" emerged.
Simultaneously, "Lashkar-e-Jhangvi" a sub group of Sipah Sahabah also emerged.
Hundreds of members of these groups fought in Afghanistan against USSR and USA
fully supported them by giving them arms and money. Till the end of
Russia-Afghan war in early 1990's, these groups had accumulated enough arms and
weapons to start a war with any regular national army, say the army of Pakistan.
The history of these groups begins with the history of Islam. When Islam took
power in Madina in the life of Prophet Muhammad, the enemies of Islam turned
into Muslims and injected themselves into Muslim community to harm it. These
enemies
of Islam had no way to get power except:
1.    Degrading and killing the family and descendants of Prophet Muhammad
(descendants of Prophet's Daughter are considered as the descendants of
Prophet).
2.    Introducing their self-created form of Islam without any tolerance for
opposition and freedom, that is extremism.
They were quite successful. After Prophet's death, they took governments in
different Muslim territories. The main obstacles for their actions were the
people from Syed family (descendants of Prophet). Because of Syed family and
it's supporters, these extremists could never completely succeed in altering
Islam to make it extremist religion.
In modern age, these extremists emerged as different small groups; "Sipah
Sahabah", "Lashkar-e-Jhangvi", "Talibaan", "Al-Qaeda" are to name some. It is a
tragedy that these terrorist, extremist groups have been allies of USA 1980's
during Afghan war. After this war when their aid from west was stopped, they
reorganized themselves and started to attack western interests. Still their main
target was Syed family. More than 80 highly qualified doctors have been killed
in last 3-4 years in Karachi (Pakistan) by these groups. All of these doctors
were Syeds or supporters of Syed family. If a Muslim does not agree with
extremists' form of Islam they declare him "Waajib-ul-Qatal" (one whose murder
is an obligation). 10's of Syeds have been killed because they were on prominent
government posts. Some weeks ago, an Pakistan Army brigadier was shot and badly
injured. That army officer was Syed. His name was Syed Bartar Hussain Naqvi.
These groups refer to their terrorism as Jihad. In Arabic, "Jihad" means
struggle. Some weeks ago a Pakistani-American was attending a Friday Prayer in a
city of Pakistan. Sipah Sahabah had a strong hold on that mosque. The "Islamic
Scholar" was addressing to people in the mosque (it is an Islamic tradition.
This address is for teaching people Islam in detail). During the address, the
scholar began to scold and condemn USA and support Talibaan and Al-Qaeda with
emotional words. The Pakistani-American forbade the scholar to do that and asked
him to discuss only Islamic matters. Scholar asked him about his identity; he
told that he was a Pakistani-American and was working in US Armed Forces.
Scholar "ordered" people to kill that Pakistani-American at once. He saved his
life by running away to his home.
If these extremist know about my emotions about them, they will certainly kill
me also.
 From this you can think about the over-all psyche of these extremists.
Syeds and their supporters have always been opposing extremists in one way or
another and they certainly are paying for this in the form of their lives.
Islam has no tolerance for such extremism and there are very strict orders in
Quran for such people. Maximum penalty of extremism in Islam is death. In Islam,
killing an innocent non-Muslim is as bad as killing an innocent Muslim. When one
kills a Muslim or a non-Muslim, he kills whole humanity. It is humiliation of
Humanity when a human kills another without any valid reason.

Extremists are still in minority. The have got power in 1980's and now they are
demonstrating their power that's why they seem to be present everywhere.

> Like you, Syed, I'm not from an english speaking background (and the fact
> that pidgin english is indeed the most commonly used language in Germany is
> more a liability than that it is helpful)

Here general perception about Germans is that most of them do not like to learn
or speak English. The supporters of Urdu say, "Germans have progressed by using
their own language and in the same way we have to use our own language, Urdu, to
become a progressed nation".

> I have the bad feeling that
> this message is a bit garbled.

Don't say so. I like to hear from you.

> If I need to explain anything, please let me
> know.

What do you think, which factor has enhanced the racism in Germany?

Thank you,
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/

PS:    Pervaiz Musharraf, our military dictator also belongs to a Syed family.
However, I don't support him.