[thechat] Currywurst (was: Re: German soc...)

Joe Crawford joe at artlung.com
Mon Sep 16 08:53:01 CDT 2002

John Handelaar wrote:
> [...]

I've never read that word, but I've heard it from my father many times.

After he served in the Vietnam War (1969-1971) my father served in the
Berlin Brigade <http://www.allvalleysports.com/berlin/indie2.html to see
the patch on the army jacket that fascinated me as a child> -- and I
remember asking him about it -- I think he was only there for maybe 6 or
9 months, but when I asked him about food he said the thing he
remembered most fondly was Currywurst.

I presume that it entered the cuisine of Germany via immigrants? And
probably some time ago?

	- Joe "still avoiding entering the heavy discussions like the plague;
thanks for the wonderful distracting links" Crawford
	- <http://artlung.com/blog/>