AW: [thechat] German society

Eike Pierstorff eike.pierstorff at dynamique.de
Mon Sep 16 16:48:00 CDT 2002

> mein bruder roland hat so eine seite
>
>     Equal goes it loose!
>     http://mitglied.lycos.de/Top_Gun/english/english.htm
>     Habt Ihr alle schon gemerkt, wie viele englische Wörter
>    es schon in der deutschen Sprache gibt??

Your brother asks on his site : "Why do so many german tripod members have
english names?"
I guess one of the reasons is that many german tripod members are 10 year
old children who think english is "just cool".

Among other things I work for the "Deutsche Kinder- und Jugendstiftung"
("German children foundation" or something like that). We run a programm
called "Internet and Demokratie", which is intended to provide computer
access to children whose parents can't afford computers. So today I've spent
heartbreaking two hours with a classroom full of children who tried to think
up appropriate synonyms for "super-cool-webmaster" (boys) or
"amazing-dream-girl" (the girls, obviously). I love children, and the
children love playing around with computers, so everybody is having a good
time.....

--eike