[thechat] the litmus test for any religion

rudy rudy937 at rogers.com
Tue Sep 17 12:24:00 CDT 2002

    "Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and
     religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief,
     and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public
     or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice,
     worship and observance."

many believe that cannabis is a divine gift, that god intended(*)
us to consume it, and that in so doing, we are helped along the path
to become one with god

try to square this belief with the oppression you find in most -- not all --
so-called "organized" religions towards the partaking of cannabis

the "organized" religions -- specifically, those people at the top of the
pyramid of authority -- don't actually want you to get closer to god,
because that would expose them as shams and con artists, and the
reason they want you to be a good sheep is that they get an ego boost,
a kick, and in many cases financial gain, from your oppression

encouragement, tolerance, or oppression of cannabis consumption?
that is the litmus test for any religion

"teaching, practice, worship and observance" -- yes, it is good, here, take
a hit of this and pass it on

(*) grows everywhere like a weed, makes great clothing and paper too

rudy

p.s. how do i know so much about what god wants for us?

first of all, i know her really well, because i talk to her all the time,
and she shows me the error of my ways when i deviate from the path, which,
sadly, is all too frequently

secondly, god is easy to find on the internet too --

   http://www.linkydinky.com/pressconference.shtml
   An impromptu Press Conference was held recently with God
   in Panama City, Florida. This is a transcript of God's answers.

among my favourites --

   "Revelations was written by John while he was hopped up
   on wacky weed. Don't read anything into it."

   "Here's a clue: if any person claims to be acting in MY name,
    but is making a ton of money doing it, he's a fraud. I don't need
    money. Mother Theresa is the only one recently I can recall who
    had my stamp of approval."

   "My 'Ways' are only mysterious because you spend all your time
    following celebrities instead of studying science. Every answer is
    in quantum physics and DNA. Figure it out. How old is the Earth?
    Ask the Earth. How come nobody is asking me if it will ever be
    possible to fly? Because you figured that one out already! Same
    with the others."

   "It was big all right, but there was no "bang". Sound can't travel in
    a vacuum, brainiac."