[thechat] Windows Phone Dialer help required

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Fri Sep 20 17:03:49 CDT 2002

Hi Martin,

Not everyone is as conscientious as you might be.  If you make a
conscious decision to be unavailable, hey - that's fine.  In fact,
sometimes that's a very good thing. I've done it myself.  [There
have also been occasions where I've wished, in hindsight, that
I had unplugged the phones earlier too!]

I was talking about the *other* people - the ones who have given up
their land lines and become difficult to reach not out of malice or
deliberation - but simply because they are twits.

Most land lines in homes have several phones hanging off them in
convenient locations throughout the house that make it rather easy
to know if someone is trying to reach you or not. Whether you choose
to answer or let the machine get it or check the caller id first is
up to you --- and that's okay.]

The problem I run into is people calling (and missing me). They
(sometimes) leave a message on my machine asking me to call them
back, usually saying things like "right away" or "as soon as you
get home" in an urgent tone of voice.

These same folks then turn off their cell, or leave it in their car,
or stick the phone on a charger back in the bedroom where they can't
hear it ring because they've closed the door to keep the toddlers out
of the room and cranked up the volume of their tv.

<sigh />

It *IS* a PITA to get ahold of these folks.

RonL.
(I've never driven in the UK - maybe you don't have inconsiderate people
over there. ......... Hmmmmm .... Can I mail you some?)