[thechat] Windows Phone Dialer help required

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Mon Sep 23 09:04:00 CDT 2002

On 23 Sep 2002 at 19:01, Madhu Menon posted a message which said:

> At 06:23 PM 23-09-02, Martin Burns wrote:
> >think we're 100%
> >GSM or better now, unlike North America which is still largely based on
> >older technologies
>
> It really sucks. People here who have to visit USA often have to make
> sure that their phone supports dual band. Many don't. We're all on GSM
> too. If you have a GSM-only phone, you can't have international roaming
> for US.

Why not? Voicestream is GSM, and has been for at least the couple of
years we've had a cellphone.

We have been talking about switching cellphone companies all along,
though, because there are a lot of dead spots - and the house we bought
last summer is in one of them, so we'll probably switch to another
cellphone company when our current contract is up.

deke

--
  Do gravediggers qualify for "cost of living" raises?