[thechat] disposable planet quiz

Paul Cowan evolt at funkwit.com
Mon Sep 23 20:24:00 CDT 2002

Isaac wrote:
> They're easily the most hated. And you *will* be crushed in the Grand
> Final...

Hey, we're used to it. We went 32 years without winning one until 1990,
what's another big wait gonna hurt?

Anyway, I don't think we're a total wildcard. We beat them by 3 points
earlier in the year, without a couple of big-name players. And if it
rains, we will be in with a real show.

Of course, I'm fully expecting we'll be thumped. But I don't care,
because I've got tickets. Even if we ARE crushed, at least I'll be
there. Not being there in 1990 is a constant regret of mine. And
I only had to pay $150 each... not too shabby.

And anyway, as a colleague put it... "Have Collingwood got a chance?
Well, they've got a lot more chance than the other 14 teams."

Paul