[thechat] Flaws in Cultures

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Sep 24 07:26:00 CDT 2002

Syed Zeeshan Haider wrote:
> [...]

If you wish to solicit personal, off-list replies, you should state that
fact up-front when posting to a public mailing list.

> > they *bought* them.
>
> Sorry, couldn't get it. Who bought them?

Pakistan and India.

> > They teach the
> > theory in high schools in the UK.
>
> Who teach the theory and what's the theory?
>
> Without any sarcasm!

"They" = the teachers in the high schools
"the theory" = the theory of nuclear fission

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'