[thechat] moving to the USA

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Thu Sep 26 14:12:00 CDT 2002

hey evolters:

my wife has recently won a Fulbright grant for a PhD in Conservation

she'll be moving over around august 2003, and i'm going with her. the
Fulbright commission is giving me a J-2 visa, and they declared that I
will be able to work with that type of visa.

I've recently read that to have a proper job in the US, one requires to
have a SSN, is this right? ho hard it os to obtain it? what would i need
to get one?

We still don't know our exact destination, but the possibilities are San
Francisco, Seattle or Gainesville (FL). As soon as I know where I'll
land, i'll start reaserching for schools or potential employers (or even
before that)

I'd appreciate any advice on how to handle the working license


More information about the thechat mailing list