[thechat] US criticised over Muslim checks

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Thu Oct 3 02:04:06 CDT 2002

From: "Hugh Blair"
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: October 02, 2002, Wednesday 10:05 PM
Subject: RE: [thechat] US criticised over Muslim checks

> That still didn't keep China from holding me up at the
> border. Until you are seen in person, some flags don't
> get triggered.

Did they asked you take off your shoes, did they took your fingerprints or did
they kept your photograph?

> > It's been fairly well demonstrated that the US is willing to
> > arrest citizens of other countries for "crimes" committed
> > in other countries, where the actions in question are legal.
> > I have no idea of US legal codes, and may routinely break
> > US law on a day to day basis.
>
> It's *your* responsibility to know and live within local
> laws. I don't understand your first sentence, but yes,
> country #1 can arrest a person for committing a crime in
> country #2. There are reciprocal agreements between most
> countries that allow this.

But I DO understand Drew's first sentence. He means USA can ask for a man who
committed some crime in Pakistan AGAINST Pakistan (not USA). That is clearly
unjust and unacceptable. No reciprocal agreement contains such conditions. In
such case USA uses it's influence of being a Super Power. USA can threat an
entire
country just for one guy. E.g. Saddam & Iraq.

Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/