[thechat] absentia (was: Today's Mindless Entertainment)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 3 09:01:03 CDT 2002

> From: Madhu Menon <webguru at vsnl.net>
[...]
> >i just haven't had time to do much of anything for, oh, 4 months
> >now... which is kinda depressing, because now i can't keep on top of
> >my daily ~1,000 messages from various lists...
>
> Just say... unsubscribe!

erm, wow, i don't think i've had to do that on a list in years... hell,
i'm still on [mj]...

> I'm also just getting back into the groove of things. The last month
> was hectic. Couldn't find even a second to help with evolt.org stuff.
> Poor Jeff probably handled most of the list admin work. In the last
> week or so, however, I've been trying to make up for it. ;) (Yes, I'm
> the guy ruthlessly unsubbing those errant addresses.)

yeah, i've still be managing the lists, but with a much greater delay
than before (no more 3 minutes from bounce to nomail reaction
time) -- which means whomever else has been hopping in and
taking care of the immediate stuff (probably .jeff)...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself