[thechat] US criticised over Muslim checks

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Thu Oct 3 16:59:01 CDT 2002

At 04:49 PM 10/3/2002, you wrote:
>And as Hugh pointed out, if it's a landmark (and anything called a Tower
>usually is due to the scale), it's fair game to be filmed.  I took several
>photos of the Houses of Parliament in London last year, does that make me
>acceptable as a target by amateur homeland defence agents?

Agreed.

When "it" happened, I read and heard many paranoid accounts of "some guy(s)
who looked [Arab|Muslim] who were filming #landmark# and it just scared
them" and I thought, why?  I mean, you can find pictures and much more
detailed statistical information of every major building on Earth online
somewhere.

Here, I'll even help you out:

<http://www.skyscraperpage.com/>

Uh-oh.  I hear choppers...