[thechat] Recipe: Chicken drumsticks braised in a Ginger Wine sauce

Kath Kath at cyber-kat.com
Sat Oct 5 08:22:01 CDT 2002

>I wouldn't trust an American dictionary as authoritative on  how to
>spell a Scottish product...

"whiskey" when made in the US
"whisky" when made anywhere else

Got this information from one of the spirits experts when I put up the
whisky/whiskey information page on our web site.  Don't have the source
handy, since I'm at home, but I got the impression that it is some sort of
official designation.  I think that American whiskey - aka bourbon - wasn't
allowed to use the "whisky" spelling since it wasn't considered real whisky
by the Whisky Authorities (probably Scottish <vbg>)

If anyone is genuinely interested, I can probably find out on Monday.

Kath ...
Me --> www.cyber-kat.com
work --> www.winebow.com