[thechat] US criticised over Muslim checks

John Handelaar john at evolt.org.uk
Sat Oct 5 08:23:00 CDT 2002

% -----Original Message-----
% From: thechat-admin at lists.evolt.org
% [mailto:thechat-admin at lists.evolt.org]On Behalf Of Syed Zeeshan Haider
% Sent: 05 October 2002 10:51
% To: thechat at lists.evolt.org
% Subject: Re: [thechat] US criticised over Muslim checks
%
% You are a British white guy (I have viewed your photo on your
% site). But if get my beard grown long and wear an Arabic dress
% with a Muslim-cap on my head and take photos of  Houses of
% Parliament in London, I will be suspicious for many
% passing by people and most of them will feel fear because of me.

No, they won't.

One in every 15 people in London is a Muslim.  I'd
guess roughly half wear traditional clothing and the
cap (among older men, almost all do).

If you're taking a picture of the Palace of Westminster,
or any other well-known building in London, people
will assume you're a tourist.

Please at least try to find out what the hell you're
talking about before spouting pronouncements.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8933 1494       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com