[thechat] Red panties for reproductive choice

Joe Crawford joe at artlung.com
Sat Oct 5 13:28:01 CDT 2002

Madhu Menon wrote:
> At 10:33 AM 05-10-02, Judah McAuley wrote:
>
>> http://www.redpantiesforreproductivechoice.com/
>>
>> Now I just have to buy some underwear...
>

> Damn, I was just about to send that link. ;)
>
> Do they have to pure red? I have some with patterns. Will that do?
>
> Hang on, I'm not a transvestite...

It's funny - I once dated a woman with a son - the woman's mother called
the son's underwear "panties" - not all the time, but sometimes. I knew
what she meant, but it always struck me as a bit odd.

Panties sounds /so/ feminine, though the function is identical as
"underwear."

Cultures and words never fail to surprise.

	Joe <http://artlung.com/>