[thechat] Calling All Audiophiles

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at curf.edu
Sun Oct 6 13:36:01 CDT 2002

Any audio geeks on thechat?

I need to get new speakers for my computer. I'm not looking for Dolby
5.1, but I do want a powerful system with wide dynamic range. I don't
have brand loyalty in any way, but what I'm NOT looking for is one of
those Creative Labs 6 speaker packages that's got the tiny satellite
speakers in it... Those don't have nearly the range or quality I'm
looking for.

I was thinking more along the lines of buying two near-field studio
monitors and a stereo amp...

Any suggestions for a bitchen computer speaker setup?

--Ken