[thechat] Calling All Audiophiles

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Mon Oct 7 09:08:01 CDT 2002

Hi Ken,

Bummer.  Limited choice sucks!  I used to live in an area that
had a LOT of high end audio shops - you could find anything you
were interested in hearing ... Magnaplanars, ribbons, class "a"
amps ... anything! It was cool - expensive - but cool.

On a reasonable budget might I suggest outputting to a small
amp feeding a pair of AR bookshelf speakers?  {Or maybe Boston
Acoustic if you don't like Acoustic Research?}

HTH,

RonL.
(Former audio junkie who's bummed because there seem to be NO
high end camera shops in Houston. [Hell, even in Akron Ohio you
could walk into a brick and mortar and walk out with Leica, Linhof,
Hassleblad, or even Horseman! ... if you had that much cash.  ;-)
In Houston I doubt you can even find film in a cooler!])