[thechat] I didn't get the job

Tara Cleveland tara at taracleveland.com
Mon Oct 14 23:14:00 CDT 2002

Hey all,

As you can tell from the subject line, I didn't get the job with Amnesty
International. :-( Oh well. It wasn't a huge surprise. As I told the guys at
the beervolt, the interview went well, but they had an insane test which I
bombed.

Actually, I'm a bit relieved. After spending a while in England, and
contemplating, for real this time, moving out there, I think I realised that
I don't want to move away from my husband for more than a year and I hate
London. Well... let me qualify that -- it's nice to visit, but living there
would suck for me (I think). It's so expensive and a pain to get around in.

I love Manchester though. I'd definitely consider moving there. Manchester
is a much saner city. They really cleaned it up for the Commonwealth Games.
If my husband came with me, he might convince me to move to Scotland instead
(he's Scottish). I think I'd like Edinburgh. It's beautiful city too. Or
Bath. I liked living there. Gorgeous. But not London. Too crazy. Okay,
enough fantasy. I'm not moving over there anytime soon. That's my news.

It was great to meet some of the London (and surrounding area) evolters. I'm
sure I'll be back as I usually visit every couple of years.

Regards,
Tara