[thechat] I didn't get the job

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Oct 15 09:44:00 CDT 2002

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Andy Warwick wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 15, 2002, at 02:37 PM, Martin Burns wrote:
>
> > * Posing assholes in orange tans and knock-off Armani (oh, and razor
> > blades) on the high street on a Saturday
>
> Martin
>
> <snip blatant - and I mean *blatant*- trolling :) >
*bow*

> That reminds me of a lyric from Fish (ex-Marillion)

Who is of course from Dalkeith (a dump of a commuter town just south of
Edinburgh). It's so exciting there that Fish went to study Forestry
Management as a desparate attempt to get kicks.

>where he talks
> about a Scottish character "sewing razor blades into his lapels". I
> always thought it was a bit of artistic license (suggesting that his
> suit was well-ironed), but what you said implies different; is it a
> literal thing that happens "oop north",

North and West, more.

> and - if so - why?

In case someone grabs your lapels as preparation for smacking you in the
mouth.

Cheers
Martin