[thechat] Bali

Isaac Forman isaac at triplezero.com.au
Tue Oct 15 10:54:00 CDT 2002

One of my girlfriend's friends is missing in Bali. I met him last week when
we got together a group, made stupid t-shirts, and went to the local
football grandfinal.

Over the weekend, and on his end of year football trip, he is presumed to
have been killed in the bomb blasts.

Unfortunately, I think this is the price we (Australia, the western world)
are to pay for assumed action against Iraq. These acts are the only way
"terrorists" can take on the military might of those who threaten their
countries.

Even more unfortunately, I cannot imagine that this will do anything other
than increase Howard's "resolve" to accompany Bush on his impending jaunt
into Iraq.

:(

isaac