[thechat] I didn't get the job

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Oct 15 11:14:00 CDT 2002

Martin Burns wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, William Anderson wrote:
>
> > Martin Paul Burns wrote:
> > >
> > > I live in Edinburgh, so obviously I'm biased.
> >
> > Glasgow's blatantly better though :)
>
> Hm. Only a tickly on the trollometer. Time to crank it up.
>
> They've changed the slogan? Used to be 'smiles better', presumably
> cos the ASA wouldn't let them get away with anything stronger.
>
> Of course Glasgow is way better for:
> * Bigots (left and right footing)

true, true

> * Rain

embra's only 65 mi away dude :)

> * Soapdodging schemies ("In yer Glasgow slums/you rake in the bucket
> for something to eat/you find a dead rat and you think it's a
> treat/in yer Glasgow slums")

/me points at Wester Hailes and draws comparisons ...

> * Inedible fried food (combine with the above to get an alternative
> to the usual definition of 'hunting')

at least we don't add cheese to our chips (not normally), thus increasing
the cholesterol and fat, and adding sauce instead of vinegar, thus adding
sugar ... :)

> * Violent alcoholics
> * Rain
> * Casual violence described as 'character'
> * Removal of architecture to build motorways

Wasn't exactly by choice ... see below

> * Resultantinability to walk further than 5 feet, or up a hill

baaaaaaaallacks!

> * Resultant Pollution

Only from beans

> * Rain (Acid usually)
> * Whining nostalgia for industries which didn't deserve to survive
> * Teethrotting soft drink consumption

Endemic to the country, not just Glasgow!

> * Gut and teethrotting alcoholic consumption in the same bottle (mmmm
> Buckfast - Glasgow's vintage)
> * Litter

You saying there's no litter in embra?

> * Posing assholes in orange tans and knock-off Armani (oh, and razor
> blades) on the high street on a Saturday

yah fair enough

> * Rain
> * Chips on the shoulder about not being the capital

After reading some of the things in the Evening Times over the last couple
of months, it's vaguely justified, with a concerted effort by Westminster
and now the Scottish Parliament to destroy Glasgow and promote Edinburgh.
cf the tenement clearances of the 60s in the name of 'progress' and the M8

> * Pretentious wankers in the West End called AlasDaiiiir, Finlay and
> Farquhar (no, you didn't mispronounce it, the first vowel *is* a U)

Should I mention Mooooorningsiiiide at this point?

> * Gangsters
> * Did I mention rain?
>
> On the other hand, you *can* get a good curry (and you'd need to
> considering the alternative native cuisine) and it's still way better
> than Cumbernauld [Trollometer bends needle]

ya bloody embra bassart!!!! :)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'