[thechat] Fried Twinkies.

Tara Cleveland tara at taracleveland.com
Tue Oct 15 14:29:10 CDT 2002

Martin Burns wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Madhu Menon wrote:
>
>> 1) Cook at home. Even "healthy" food at restaurants is loaded with fat. Fat
>> makes food tastier, so why would they go easy on it?
>
> Or more generally - you don't know what they've put in, so if you're
> trying to even measure what you eat, it's hard unless it's something
> really, really simple food.

Restaurant food is also high in cholesterol. My Dad spent the last year
travelling around the world -- and consequently eating at a *lot* of
restaurants. Even though he usually eats *very* healthily - lots of home
cooking, no red meat, whole foods, not many eggs - he came back from his
trip with high cholesterol as a nice souvenir.

My advice is cook at home. You get great food, it's cheap, and despite what
they say, you can make yummy things very quickly and easily.

Regards,
Tara