[thechat] Fried Twinkies.

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue Oct 15 14:34:00 CDT 2002

At 12:53 AM 16-10-02, deke wrote:
> > Yup. Atkins is a lifetime regime.
>
>At least with Atkins, "lifetime" need not last very long.

Atkins is a total scam. I'm surprised so many people still believe in it.

Try lifting heavy weights in the gym without any carbohydrates for energy. Bah!

Carbs don't make you fat. EXCESS carbs make you fat. If you follow a
50-35-15 ratio for carb-protein-fat, you should be fine.

You need a mild calorie deficit for fat loss. If you start starving, you
will just slow your metabolism, making you fatter in the process.

And I think there's enough research linking saturated fat to heart
problems. So when Atkins tells you to enjoy your bacon and lobster with
butter sauce, well... use your brain.

I'd go on and on, but fortunately this bloke has saved me the trouble of
debunking Atkins:
http://www.philkaplan.com/thefitnesstruth/atkins1.htm

I agree with Martin that you need some cardio along with weight training.
Just do it after your weight training session so you have some spare
glycogen to pump iron. I do about 15-20 minutes 3 times a week.

Cheers,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy