[thechat] Fried Twinkies.

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue Oct 15 16:08:00 CDT 2002

At 03:50 PM 10/15/2002, you wrote:
>Disclaimer: I'm no expert on Atkins. But I am /lazy/. Too lazy to keep
>cautious count of what I eat. Too lazy to worry too much about these
>numbers - I know that less food is less weight, and starving myself is
>bad. And I should eat when I am hungry, rather than when it's socially
>"time" for me to eat. Things like The Zone, or Atkins are far too
>structured for me. I'm winging it. And more, I'm not judging anyone
>else's way of eating - if you dig it, rad! Just the rigor of these diets
>is something I know I won't have the patience for life-long. And I have
>no need to try and integrate habits I have no intention of making
>life-long.

Hear hear.

I started cooking more at home.  Less eating out.  More wheat bread.  More
carrots.  Less beef, more chicken.  Less chicken, more greenery.  When I
have beef, eat with broccoli and more of it than the beef.  More
water.  Fewer Cokes.

I'm firmly in the
"everything-can-kill-you-anyways-so-just-do-what-you-can-and-don't-stress-over-it"
camp.

--Ben