[thechat] Fried Twinkies.

Joe Crawford joe at artlung.com
Wed Oct 16 12:54:00 CDT 2002

javier velasco wrote:
> i don't remeber many of the detials of what i read, what i do remember
> is that the conclusion was based on the digestive system (stomach,
> interstine) and teeth.

Yeah, but is biology really destiny? Feh man. Feh. We were not designed
for zero or microgravity, but that doesn't mean I don't want to live on
the Moon someday. I do, and yet I'm designed for 9.8 meters/per second
squared of gravity to be on me.

Fact is, humanity, and most species, have all kinds of remarkable
capabilities (ever seen one of those guide dogs? they're brilliant!)
that we don't tap into. I think it behooves us to consider how we can
exceed what "mother nature" thinks we should be doing.

Cats I'm sure were never meant to eat french fries, and yet my (ex) cat
enjoys them immensely.

I'm not saying we can ignore our biology (it would be handy if we could
get nutritive value from dirt, rocks and sand -- would solve the hunger
problems in the world) but that's not in the cards.

And that's yet another far reaching, not meant to offend opinion from me.

	- Joe
p.s.: Thanks for the compliments on the weight loss. Kudos to all of
y'all struggling with that particular issue.