[thechat] Bali

Chris Marsh chris at webbtech.co.uk
Thu Oct 17 08:43:00 CDT 2002

> > And for Bush to claim it as even more reason to go after Iraq - the
> > guy's either fundamentally dishonest, or mentally ill.
>
> or. . . . both ?
>
> bush signed the bill authorising war powers yesterday, btw. . . .

You're probably right; a lot of the former and a little of the latter. I
can't help but think that since no one seems to have claimed
responsibility (in fact the most likely suspect explicitly denied
involvement) the person that benefits most from the bombing is Trubya.
Lots of innocent people die, emotions run so high that the general
public doesn't much care who pays as long as *someone* does,
justification is forthcoming as to why Iraq should be obliterated, and
the Osama bogeyman attains even more epic proportions in the public
gaze. It's merely a conspiracy theory and I'm not for one minute
contending that Trubya himself explicitly gave his blessing, but there
are a lot of very shady (and funded) individuals and organisations
around with "their country's best interest at heart".

I know, I know, my paranoia knows no bounds...

Regards

Chris Marsh