[thechat] Just what the world needs...

Andy Warwick mailing.lists at creed.co.uk
Fri Oct 18 10:02:01 CDT 2002

On Friday, October 18, 2002, at 01:45 PM, Luther, Ron wrote:

> I dunno. I guess my first thought was "And then your kids hit that
> 'magic age' between 8 and 12 when this s@#t is REALLY COOL and they
> want to send these back and forth to all their friends - and your
> wife tells you to find a way to let them."

Maybe it is an age thing, and my cynicism gene is just kicking in, but
I treat products that call themselves 'cool' in the same way as people
who say "I'm mad me, I'm a really funny guy."; invariably they tend to
be the most annoying, embarassing, least-funny people that ever draw
breath. UK residents will know what I mean if they have seen "The
Office".

If an email program -- of all things -- declares itself to be 'cool' as
a major selling point, I have already formed the opinion that the best
place for it is the bit bucket.

Bah humbug.

--
Andy Warwick