[thechat] Just what the world needs...

Andy Warwick mailing.lists at creed.co.uk
Fri Oct 18 10:11:01 CDT 2002

On Friday, October 18, 2002, at 01:58 PM, rudy wrote:

>> http://www.incredimail.com/english/splash.html
>> How horrible is this?
>
> feh, all you people complaining about multimedia emails sound just like
> folks did when television first arrived on the scene (i can remember,
> because i was there) and tried to take over from radio
>
> ya think?

Mmm.

Pop Idol, Survivor, Big Brother, Popstars, Fame Academy, Temptation
Island...

What was you point again Rudy... :)

Besides, wasn't early days of television -- from Alexander Palace --
nothing more than men in dinner jackets reading news like they were *on
the radio*. Once people realised that TV wasn't 'radio with pictures',
we actually started to see the new medium used properly; hopefully
certain people will realise, sooner rather than later, that the
Internet *isn't* TV on computers, and that most people really don't
want Flash websites, streaming video to rival PAL, blah, blah, blah.

God help us if we all start getting emails that resemble CNN
broadcasts, complete with CGI presenters and 'sting' music-backed
headlines...

<sfx: bong>
Hi Andy, had a look at your proposal. looks great.
<sfx: bong>
We gonna meet up for lunch this week mate?
<sfx: bong>
Yes, you can make your penis bigger with our new cream.
<sfx: bong>
Confirming your order from Amazon.com
<sfx: bong>

More emails at 11...