[thechat] Say Hello to Sanjeep, Er, Sam

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Fri Oct 25 08:04:01 CDT 2002

Hi Isaac,

Reminds me of a co-worker who called support on a technical
issue and just had one heck of a time understanding the support
guy's thick accent.  For reasons unknown to me he wanted
the support guy's name so he could call him back if he
ran into further trouble. (This would be helpful how? If
you can't understand the guy on the first call, why would
you want to call back and make sure you got the same guy?)

I could overhear the call ... I swear ... he made the tech
support guy repeat his name THREE times ... Then (this was
classic) he made the support guy SPELL his name because my
co-worker was still having trouble figuring out what the
heck he was saying.

The support tech's name?   Steve Smith.

Dang ole No' Car'lina acc'nt!!

;-)

Imagine Boomhauer (from King of the Hill) as tech support.

I thought it was hilarious at the time.  Heck, I still get a
kick out of it. Of course ... it was SEP!!

RonL.