[thechat] Visual Basic Help? SHIFT key

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Oct 25 08:47:01 CDT 2002

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Syed Zeeshan Haider wrote:

> Yes, I know. But strictly VB without any link to web is off-topic on TheList
> too.
1) While it may not have a web application, coding VB is within the things
that are covered by thelist - it's much more on-topic there than it is
here
2) If it's a work/code-related question and it's not to do with the web,
is it evolt-related? I don't ask how to do call-centre scripting (my
current client work) here or on thelist... I talk to groups dedicated to
that stuff
3) You've already had people saying that it's off topic for here, and
would be better on thelist.
4) Think of this list as being out in the evening with friends at a social
event. If you bring up detailed work stuff, they're going to say "Hey,
we're relaxing here. Ask us in the office"

> "Basically, if it's about web development, it belongs on thelist. If not, it's
> here. What's ontopic there is offtopic here & vice versa."

It now reads: "Basically, if it's about web development, code and so on,
it belongs on thelist. If not, it's here. What's ontopic there is offtopic
here & vice versa. If in doubt, ask on thelist, or risk responses along
the lines of 'Hey, we're trying to relax here!'
"

Cheers
Martin