[thechat] The Ring

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Sat Oct 26 05:11:00 CDT 2002

> If you need to see a very scary movie, go see The Ring.
> Apparently, it's a remake of a Japanese movie. I don't know much
> about the Japanese one, except that there are a few sites about it.
> The one we just saw was very good though.

I found the Japanese one a big disappointment. It was the kind of Blair
Witch syndrome, i.e. I had heard so much hype about how scary the film was,
and I didn't jump once. It's a shame really because, thinking back, it was a
well presented film with some stunning imagery, and had my expectations not
been so high I might have enjoyed it more.

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk