[thechat] rebel without a clause

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue Oct 29 14:57:01 CST 2002

At 02:15 PM 10/29/2002, you wrote:
>ben, does my site come up on your new gadget?  (what is it, a phone?)

Actually, yes.  It looks great.  Loads quick.  No problems.  Well,
actually, I do see one problem.  It doesn't appear to honor
characters, so your navigation links bump close together. :)

I haven't had much time to experiment with how it renders different
things.  I'm sure I'll put it off until someone else does it and then I'll
just say that I thought of it first...

Here's some more info on the phone itself:
<http://www.danger.com/products.php>
<http://www.t-mobile.com/products/overview.asp?phoneid=165302>
<http://www.dangerinfo.com/>
<http://www.hiptop411.com/>

It has a phone, web browser, e-mail, AOL IM, Calendar, Address Book, To Do
List, Camera Adapter, a few Games and a bunch of other stuff I'm still
playing with.  It doesn't do everything well: people who need to use the
phone bit often will probably just be frustrated with the less-than-stellar
phone design and the marginal T-Mobile coverage and plans.  It's also a
proprietary interface, so no loading on Palm or WinCE apps.  And it's a
little bulky (smaller than a hard sunglasses case but larger than a tin of
Altoids).

And there are better devices that have all these things (the Nokia 9290
comes to mind), but, bottom line, the device is only $150 and that's
amazing for all you get.  I'm very happy. :)

--Ben