[thechat] Re: 4 or 5 pounds of meat each

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 29 16:07:05 CST 2002

> From: "deke " <web at master.gen.in.us>
>
> On 28 Feb 2002 at 21:41, Joel Canfield posted a message which said: >
> When I'm REAL hungry (like that time I went from '79 to '82 without >
> eating) I could maybe eat two pounds of meat. But 4 to 5? How long IS
> a > potlatch?

whoah, who's got 4-5 pounds of meat?  what did i miss?

> If you are serving four men, a 16-pound tom turkey is not
> exceptionally big. A 20-pounder is not out of reason.

i can say that a gf of mine and i (this was 5 years ago now) killed a
14-pound bird, plus *al* the fixins... we are both rather svelte, too,
just big eaters...

for my family of four while growing up, a 20# bird would be, well, a
little too slight...

> Similarly, I would imagine a moose has a lot of gristle, fat, and bone
> in the meat, too.

i just had some moose a couple weeks ago... very lean meat... but
then, i don't know the context that you mention it...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself