[thechat] rebel without a clause

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Tue Oct 29 22:14:28 CST 2002

Tony Crockford wrote:
> Are we taking accessibility too seriously?  Why can't I have large scale
> images in new windows, so that the user can have them all on screen at
> the same time to compare with the one window full of text that goes with
> them?

Ugh. there is *nothing* more annoying than links opening in new windows,
warning or now warning. If I want to compare them all at once then I'm
perfectly capable of opening those extra windows. If I don't want them
to open in a new window, who is the designer to force me to?

Windows should never have been allowed to be controlled by authors,
there's simply no need for it.
--
Lach
Web: http://illuminosity.net/