[thechat] rebel without a clause

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue Oct 29 22:42:00 CST 2002

At 03:36 AM 30-10-02, aardvark wrote:
>it's a buyer beware and common sense situation... if you didn't
>make it yourself, assume it's at boiling temperature... take all
>necessary precautions to not pour it on yourself...

You'd think that people would *guess* that hot coffee would be - gasp! - hot.

If McD had given her colder coffee, someone would sue for not serving hot
coffee as per the item description. ;)

Related visiting: http://www.stellaawards.com/

<quote>

The Stella Awards were inspired by Stella Liebeck. In 1992, Stella, then
79, spilled a cup of McDonald's coffee onto her lap, burning herself. A New
Mexico jury awarded her $2.9 million in damages. Ever since, the name
"Stella Award" has been applied to any wild, outrageous, or ridiculous
lawsuits -- including bogus cases! We search for true cases, and you can
subscribe by e-mail for free to get the case reports as they're issued.

</quote>

And since I just finished a coffee site, I did a bit of reading on the
subject. Seems that the best coffee is made from water just below boiling
point or else the coffee turns slightly bitter.

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy